Bits of my weekend - Volume 3: Face paint, flowers and sugar - Oh My!

Phew - what a weekend! Looking forward to exhaling tomorrow, that's for sure.

Friday night: I have to keep reminding myself that although he may get home at 8:00 PM most nights, piggy-back rides with daddy right before bedtime are gonna be some awesome memories for these kiddos.

On our way to ballet Saturday morning: Elasia said, "Mom! The sidewalks have DIAMONDS in them!! I LOVE NEW YORK CITY!!" I replied, "Me too, baby. I love it too."



During our walk we discovered that down these stairs are...


REALLY beautiful flowers. Elasia and I are both a little obsessed with flowers this spring.


Saturday afternoon: our ultra-exciting car ride to Queens to celebrate our friend Janelle's 3rd birthday.




                      There was face painting, a COTTON CANDY MACHINE (!!!) and the mandatory tattoo application that makes every party a big success. (It was SUCH a great time!)



Sunday morning: Amazing time at All Souls Christian Church.



a small peek at our picnic in Central Park. (Ultimate frisbee, LOTS of things for kiddos), and great company.



My watercolor artist extraordinaire. (with more face paint!)





Our fancy pink roses growing in the community garden right next to our apartment building. They were just SO beautiful this weekend particularly. It's like they all decided to bloom and show off or something.

And finally...

All the "in between time" this weekend was spent staring at this guy who was hard at work - changing the world socially AND saving the world's financial markets ....all at the same time, I'm sure. (Note the laptop AND blackberry in use. Busy busy busy guy.)

That was my weekend, how was yours?
Much Love from Hamilton Heights!

To check out other people's "Bits of My Weekend" (come on, you know you're curious...ha ha.) visit the incredible Michelle's Blog.

11 comments:

Elly (Chicellarose) said...

I love NYC! And love that you all share your bits there. Need another visit.

michelle from six in the city said...

That is one FULL weekend!
Loved it:-)

Chris Gosnell said...

LOVE the pic of the kids asleep! Thank you for sharing :)

Beth said...

Your girls are such cute little exact replicas of you!! Love being able to peak into your world!

Lacy said...

Love reading about your weekends! Am I the only one that has to highlight all that you write on the blog to read it though? it's so faint I can't really see it. Just thought I'd share to see if it's like this for all readers ro just me?

Evita Gahagan said...

Lacy - oh no! My font's black and the background is like a cream-ish color so not sure why that's happening for you... wonder why it's doing that. Any one have a suggestion?

Thanks everyone else!! Can't wait to catch up on everyone else's weekends!

miller_schloss said...

LOVE the sleeping-in-the-car-like-ragdolls picture!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that picture of the sleeping kids is the best!

Dayna said...

What a sweet family you all are! I enjoyed following your weekend journey.

Lacy said...

oh when I view your blog the background is black, and the font is a creamish color so that's why it's so faint. maybe it's just my comp...?

Michelle said...

Oh the party looked fun! I've always wanted to visit NYC... and one day... one day I will. Beautiful girls!